The fellowship is merit-based and is awarded only to the most qualified applicants. In selecting finalists, the review panel is looking for a proven research capability, including publications, and evidence of the ability to succeed within the MIT research environment. Applicants should be working in a field in which MIT faculty have current research to facilitate placement within a research group.
Applicants also must meet these criteria:
- Be a woman who is a Saudi Arabian citizen
- Hold a PhD in a related field
- Be a full-time employee in good standing with her current university/company
- Have an excellent command of spoken and written English
- Have a demonstrated ability to conduct research
- Have at least two publications in peer reviewed journals