The Fellowship and its participants contribute measurably to scientific, technical, and academic progress and to the Fellowship goal of promoting Saudi women as leaders in their fields. Fellows produce a continual output of journal articles, conference publications, patents and other contributions.
Fellowships by the Numbers
Reporting includes fellows who completed their fellowship during or prior to 2021
74 Journal Articles
In progress: 18
52 Conference Proceedings
In progress: 5
Diagnostics of the future:
Inspired by barcodes, Dr. Dana Al-Sulaiman has developed a cheap, minimally invasive diagnostic test for cancer.
— Dr. Malak Al Nory
“I believe that the Ibn Khaldun fellowship program provides the highest impact on Saudi Arabia among all the other activities and collaboration projects with Saudi Arabia. The reason is that the activities of the fellowship are focused on increasing the Saudi human capacity versus the focus on the tangible outputs of the activities.”
Publications from Fellowship Research
Journal Papers Published
- M. T. Al-Nory and S.G. Graves, “Water Desalination Supply Chain Modelling and Optimization: The Case of Saudi Arabia,” IDA Journal for Desalination and Water Reuse, v. 5, pp. 64-74, Dec 2013
- M. T. Al-Nory and M. El-Beltagy, “An Energy Management Approach for Renewable Energy Integration with Power Generation and Water Desalination,” Renewable Energy, v. 72, pp. 377-385, Dec 2014
- M. T. Al-Nory, A. Brodsky, B. Bozkaya, S. C. Graves, “Desalination Supply Chain Decision Analysis and Optimization,” Desalination, v. 347, pp. 144-157, Aug 2014
- Nabilah Abughazalah and Pavel Etingof, “Linear Growth for Semigroups which are Disjoint Unions of Finitely many Copies of the Free Monogenic Semigroup,” Archiv der Mathematik, September 2015, Volume 105, Issue 3, pp 223-228. Published online, August 20, 2015
- Nabilah Abughazalah and Pavel Etingof, “On Properties of the Lower Central Series of Associative Algebras,” Journal of Algebra and its Applications, 28 December 2015
- Al-Solaiman, Sumayah, 2015. “Architecture as a Tool of Editing History: The case of King Abdulaziz Historical Center.” Representation of Tradition. The Traditional Dwellings and Settlements Working Paper Series Vol. 258
- Jeffrey B. Chou, Xin-Hao Li, Yu Wang, David P. Fenning, Asmaa Elfaer, Jaime Viegas, Mustapha Jouiad, Yang Shao-Horn, and Sang-Gook Kim “Surface Plasmon Assisted Hot Electron Collection in Wafer-scale Metallic-semiconductor Photonic”, Optics Express, 24 (2016) A1234–A1244
- I. Soltani, C. Houck, J.M. AlGhamdi, K. Youcef-Toumi, “Design and Control of a Multi-Actuated Atomic Force Microscope for Large-Range and High-Speed Imaging,” Ultramicroscopy, V 160, pp. 213-224, Jan 2016
- Balfaqih, Hasan; Mohd. Nopiah, Zulkifli; Saibani, Nizaroyani; T. Al-Nory, Malak, “Review of Supply Chain Performance Measurement Systems: 1998-2015,” Computers in Industry, Elsevier, Vol. 82, p. 132-150, 2016
- Mansouri, N.Y. and Ghoniem, A.F., “Does Nuclear Desalination Make Sense for Saudi Arabia?” Desalination, July 2016
- Xin-Hao Li, Jeffrey B. Chou, Wei Lek Kwan, Asma M. Elsharif, and Sang-Gook Kim “Effect of Anisotropic Electron Momentum Distribution of Surface Plasmon on Internal Photoemission of a Schottky Hot Carrier Device”, Optics Express, 25 (2017) A264–A273
- Balfaqih, Hasan; Al-Nory, Malak T; Nopiah, Zulkifli Mohd; Saibani, Nizaroyani, “Environmental and Economic Performance Assessment of Desalination Supply Chain,” Desalination, V. 406, Feb. 2017
- Balfaqih, Hasan; Al-Nory, Malak T; Nopiah, Zulkifli Mohd; Saibani, Nizaroyani, “Sustainable Framework for Water Desalination Supply Chain: Delphi-AHP Technique,” Advanced Science Letters, v.23, #5, p. 4721-4724, 2017
- N. Abughazalah, “Concrete algorithms for word problem and subsemigroup problem for semigroups which are disjoint unions of finitely many copies of the free monogenic semigroup,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, April 2017
- Monther Abu-Remaileh, Gregory A Wyant, Choah Kim, Nouf N Laqtom, Maria Abbasi, Sze Ham Chan, Elizaveta Freinkman, David M Sabatini, “b Lysosomal Metabolomics Reveals V-ATPase- And mTOR-dependent Regulation of Amino Acid Efflux From Lysosomes” Science, November 2017.
- Abu-Remaileh M, Wyant GA, Kim C, Laqtom NN, Abbasi M, Chan SH, Freinkman E, Sabatini DM., 2017, “Lysosomal metabolomics reveals V-ATPase and mTOR-dependent mechanisms for the efflux of amino acids from lysosomes,” Science. 358(6364):807-813.
- Heba A. Kurdi, Ebtesam Aloboud, Maram Alalwan, Sarah Alhassan, Ebtehal Alotaibi, Guillermo Bautista, Jonathan P. How, ”Autonomous Task Allocation for Multi-UAV Systems Based on the Locust Elastic Behavior,” Applied Soft Computing (Q1, IF=3.907), Volume 71, October 2018, Pages 110-126 ISSN 1568-4946
- Heba Kurdi, Bushra Alshayban, Lina Altoaimy, and Shada Alsalamah, “TrustyFeer: A Subjective Logic Trust Model for Smart City Peer-to-Peer Federated Clouds,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (Q2, IF=1.6899), vol. 2018, Article ID 1073216, 13 pages, 2018
- Heba Kurdi, Auhood Alfaries, Abeer Al-Anazi, Sara Alkharji, Maimona Addegaither, Lina Altoaimy, Syed Hassan Ahmed, “A lightweight trust management algorithm based on subjective logic for interconnected cloud computing environments,” The Journal of Supercomputing (ISI journal -Q2), 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-018-2669-y.
- Heba A. Kurdi, Shaden M. AlIsmail, Mohammad Mehedi Hassan, "LACE: A Locust-Inspired Scheduling Algorithm to Reduce Energy Consumption in Cloud Datacenters", IEEE Access (Q1, IF=3.557), 2018 DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2839028.
- Heba Kurdi, Shiroq Al-Megren, Reham Althunyan, Asma Almulifi; “Effect of Exit Placement on Evacuation Plans,” European Journal of Operational Research (ISI journal-Q1), vol. 269 no. 2, pp. 749-759 , 2 February 2018. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0377221718300869?via%....
- Wyant GA, Abu-Remaileh M, Frenkel EM, Laqtom NN, Dharamdasani V, Lewis CA, Chan SH, Heinze I, Ori A, Sabatini DM., 2018, “NUFIP1 is a ribosome receptor for starvation-induced ribophagy,” Science, 360(6390):751-758. 2018.
- AlGhamdi, K. Alsalamah, S. Alhudhud, G. Nouh, T. Alyahya I. and AlQahtani, S. (2018). Using Dijkstra and Fusion Algorithms to Provide a Smart Proactive mHealth Solution for Saudi Arabia’s Emergency Medical Services. In the International Journal On Advances in Networks and Services, v 11 no 3&4 2018.
- Albrahim, R. Alsalamah, H. Alsalamah, S. Aksoy, M. S. (2018). Access Control Model for Modern Virtual e-Government Services: Saudi Arabian Case Study. The International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA). Volume 9, No 8, August 2018.
- Lina Altoaimy, Arwa Alromih, Shiroq Al-Megren, Ghada Al-Hudhud, Heba Kurdi, and Kamal Youcef-Toumi, “Context-Aware Gossip-Based Protocol for Internet of Things Applications,” Sensors (ISI journal – Q2), vol. 18(7), pp.1-23, 2018. https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/18/7/2233.
- Al-Megren, S. Alsalamah, S. Altoaimy, Heba Kurdi, Fadwa Ezzat, Lina Altoaimy, Syed Hassan Ahmed, Kamal Youcef-Toumi, “MultiCuckoo: Multi-Cloud Service Composition using a Cuckoo-Inspired Algorithm for the Internet of Things Applications,” IEEE Access (ISI journal -Q1), Volume 6, pp. 56737 – 56749, 2018. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050918318039?via%...
- H Kurdi, MF AlDaood, S Al-Megren, E Aloboud, AS Aldawood, “Adaptive task allocation for multi-UAV systems based on bacteria foraging behavior,” Applied Soft Computing,2.19, vol. 83, pp. 105643. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2019.10563.
- Heba Kurdi, Shada Alsalamah, Asma Alatawi, Sara Alfaraj, Lina Altoaimy, and Syed Hassan Ahmed “HealthyBroker: A Trustworthy Blockchain-Based Multi-Cloud Broker for Patient-Centered eHealth Services,” Electronics, 2019, 8(6), 602; (ISI journal -Q3), https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics8060602.
- Escamilla-Ambrosio, P. J. Robles-Ramirez, D. Alsalamah, S. Tryfonas, T. Orantes-Jiménez, S. Eleazar Aguirre-Anaya, E. AlQahtani, S. Nouh, T. Alsalamah, H. Almutawaa, S. Alkabani, H. Alsmari, M. Alashgar, N. Alrajeh, A. and Kurdi, H. (2019). Securing mHealth Applications Using IoTsecM Security Modelling: Dentify.Me mApp Case Study for Urgent Care Management. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. Elsevier.
- Nehal Al-Otaiby, Heba Kurdi and Shiroq Al-Megren, “ A Hierarchical Trust Model for Peer-to-Peer Networks,” Computers, Materials & Continua, CMC-Computers Materials & Continua, (ISI journal -Q1), Vol.59 No.1 2019 ,pp. 397-404, doi:10.32604/cmc.2019.06236.
- H. ElGibreen and K. Youcef-Toumi, “Dynamic Task Allocation in an Uncertain Environment with Heterogeneous Multi-Agents,” Autonomous Robots Journal (ISI), 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10514-018-09820-5.
- M. T. Al-Nory, "Optimal Decision Guidance for the Electricity Supply Chain Integration With Renewable Energy: Aligning Smart Cities Research With Sustainable Development Goals" Information Systems Frontiers Journal, IEEE Access June 20, 2019.
- Kurdi, H. Alsalamah, S. Alatawi, A. Alfaraj, S. Altoaimy, L. Pentland, A. Al-Hudhud, G. and Ahmed,S. (2019). HealthyBroker: a Trustworthy Blockchain-Based Brokering Model for Decentralized Multi-Cloud eHealth Services. Journal of Medical Systems [special issue]. Medical Data Management based on the Blockchain Technology.
- Sa'd Shannak, Malak Alnory, “Decision-making method for evaluating solar desalination options: the case of Saudi Arabia”, Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management, August 2019.
- Soh, B. W.; Khorshid, A.; Al Sulaiman, D.; Doyle, P. S. "Ionic Effects on the Equilibrium Conformation of Catenated DNA Networks" Macromolecules 53 (19), 8502-8508. 2020.
- Dana Al Sulaiman, Sarah J. Shapiro, Jose Gomez-Marquez, and Patrick S. Doyle, “High-Resolution Patterning of Hydrogel Sensing Motifs within Fibrous Substrates for Sensitive and Multiplexed Detection of Biomarkers,” American Chemical Society, ACS Sensors 2020, December 22, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1021/acssensors.0c02121
- Yuan He, Haleema Alamri, Mohammed Kawelah, Ayra Gizzatov, Mariam F. Alghamdi, Timothy M. Swager and S. Sherry Zht Gu, “Brine-Soluble Zwitterionic Copolymers with Tunable Adsorption on Rocks”, American Chemical Society, Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 11, 13568–13574, Publication Date: March 9, 2020.
- Nouf Almousa, Benjamin Dacus, Kevin B. Woller, Changheui Jang, Michael P. Short, June 2020, Rapidly Screening Materials for Void Swelling Resistance with Indirect Photoacoustic Measurements, Transactions, Vol 122, No 1, Pg 306-308
- Charles Wan, Katharine Greco, Amira Alazmi, Robert Darling, Yet-Ming Chiang, Fikile Brushett, A Potential–dependent Thiele Modulus to Quantify the Effectiveness of Porous Electrocatalysts ChemRxiv 2021/3/18 https://chemrxiv.org/ndownloader/files/26858477
- Al Sulaiman, D.; Shapiro, S. J.; Gomez-Marquez, J.; Doyle, P. S. "High-Resolution Patterning of Hydrogel Sensing Motifs within Fibrous Substrates for Sensitive and Multiplexed Detection of Biomarkers" ACS Sensors 2021.
- Nouf Almousa, Benjamin Dacus, Kevin B.Woller, Ji Ho Shin, Changheui Jang, Lin Shao, Frank A. Garner, Adam Gabriel, Michael P. Short, April 2021, On the use of non-destructive, gigahertz ultrasonics to rapidly screen irradiated steels for swelling resistance, Materials Characterization, Vol 174
- Matthew Huggins, Sharifa Alghowinem, Sooyeon Jeong, Pedro Colon-Hernandez, Cynthia Breazeal, Hae Won Park, Practical Guidelines for Intent Recognition: BERT with Minimal Training Data Evaluated in Real-World HRI Application, Proceedings of the 2021 ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, 341-350, 2021/3/8 https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3434073.3444671
- Heba Kurdi, Shiroq Al-Megren, Ebtesam Aloboud, Abeer Alnuaim, Hessah Alomair, Reem Alothman, Alhanouf Ben Muhayya, Noura Alharbi, Manal Alenzi, Kamal Youcef-Toumi, “Bee-inspired Task Allocation Algorithm for Multi-UAV Search and Rescue Missions,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation (ISI journal -Q1).
- A balanced evacuation algorithm for facilities with multiple exits H Kurdi, A Almulifi, S Al-Megren, K Youcef-Toumi. European Journal of Operational Research 289 (1), 285-296
- Jeong, S., Alghowinem, S., Aymerich-Franch, L., Arias, K., Lapedriza, A., Picard, R., Park, H. W. & Breazeal, C. (2020). A Robotic Positive Psychology Coach to Improve College Students’ Wellbeing. In 2020 29th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN) (pp. 187-194). IEEE.
Conference Papers Presented
- M. T. Al-Nory and S.G. Graves, “Water Desalination Supply Chain Modelling and Optimization,” The 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering Workshop on Data-Driven Decision Guidance and Support Systems, Brisbane, Australia, Apr 2013
- M. T. Al-Nory and S.G. Graves, “Water Desalination Supply Chain Modelling and Optimization: The Case of Saudi Arabia,” International Desalination Association World Congress, Tianjin, China, Oct 2013
- M. T. Al-Nory and A. Brodsky, “Mitigation of Interrupted Supply from Renewable Energy for the Smart Grid by Desalination,” Saudi Arabia Smart Grid and Green Energy Conference, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Nov 2013
- M.T. Al-Nory and A. Brodsky, "Towards Optimal Decision Guidance for Smart Grids with Integrated Renewable Generation and Water Desalination ", IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, Nov 2014
- Mansouri, N.Y. and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing a Sustainable Desalination System in Saudi Arabia: A Comparison between PV-RO and CSP-MED Cogeneration Plants” World Sustainable Energy Forum - EnerSol WSEF Tunisia 2014, 26-28 November, 2014, Tunis, Tunisia
- I. Soltani, C. Houck, J. AlGhamdi, K. Youcef-Toumi, “High Speed, Large Range Atomic Force Microscopy,” National Instruments Week, Austin, USA, 2014
- M. T. Al-Nory and M. El-Beltagy, “Optimal Selection of Energy Storage Systems”, Saudi Arabia Smart Grid and Green Energy Conference, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 2015
- M. T. Al-Nory and M. H. Sharqawy, “Economic and Environmental Evaluation of Solar Desalination Networks: The Case of Saudi Arabia”, International Desalination Association World Congress on Desalination and Water Reuse, San Diego, CA, USA, 2015
- S. Al-Solaiman, “Architecture as a Tool of Editing History: The case of King Abdulaziz Historical Center,” Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2015
- Jeffrey B. Chou, et al. “Broadband Photoelectric Hot Carrier Collection with Wafer-Scale Metallic-Semiconductor Photonic Crystals”, IEEE, New Orleans, USA, 2015. (Asma ElFaer)
- Mansouri, N.Y., Al-Nory, M.T., and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing Solar Energy Options for Desalination: The case study of PV-RO and CSP-MED in Saudi Arabia” International Desalination Association, IDA World Congress 2015, August 30-September 04, 2015, San Diego, California
- O. Bamasag, K. Youcef-Toumi, "Towards Continuous Authentication in Internet of Things Based on Secret Sharing Scheme", 10th Workshop on Embedded Systems Security (WESS2015), 4-9 October, 2015, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- M N. Abughazalah, P. Etingof, Linear growth for semigroups which are disjoint unions of finitely many copies of the free monogenic semigroup, Archiv der Mathematik, 2015
- H. Kurdi, J. How, G. Bautista, “LIAM: Locust-Inspired Algorithm for Multi-UAV Task Allocation in Search and Rescue Missions,” AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, 4-8 January 2016, San Diego. 10.2514/6.2016-1377
- Mansouri, N.Y. and Ghoniem, A.F., “Does Nuclear Desalination Makes Sense for Saudi Arabia?” The 2nd International Conference on Desalination and Environment, 24-25 January, 2016, Doha, Qatar
- O. Bamasag. K. Youcef-Toumi, "Efficient Multicast Authentication in Internet of Things", Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communications Convergence ICTC 2016, October 19-21, Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, pp. 429-435
- A. Elfaer, X. Li, Y. Wang, J.B. Chou, and S.G. Kim, “Gold Nanorods Coated Metallic Photonic Crystal for Enhanced Hot Electron Transfer in Electrochemical Cells,” MRS Advances, 2016
- K. Rambo, “Water-Energy Nexus in Saudi Arabia,” ICAE2016: International Conference on Applied Energy
- N. Abughazalah, P. Etingof, On properties of the lower central series of associative algebras, Journal of Algebra and Its Applications, Vol. 15, No. 10 (2016).
- Asma M. El-Sharif, A. Elfaer, Y. Wang, X. Li, J. Chou and S. Kim, “Gold Nanorods Coated Metallic Photonic Crystal for Enhanced Hot Electron Transfer in Electrochemical Cells”, MRS Advances Conference 2016.
- N. Abughazalah, “Concrete Algorithms for Word Problem and Subsemigroup Problem for Semigroups,” Today's Research for a Better Future Conference. Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University, September 28, 2017
- M. O. AlNabooda, R. M. Shubair, N. R. Rishani, and G. Aldabbagh, “Terahertz Spectroscopy and Imaging for the Detection and Identification of Illicit Drugs”, presented in 2017 International Conference on Sensors, Networks, Smart & Emerging Technologies (SENSET2017), 12-14 September 2017, Beirut, Lebanon.
- N. R. Rishani, R. M. Shubair and G. Aldabbagh, “On the Design of Wearable Antennas for Medical Applications: Recent Advances for Emerging Applications” presented in 2017 International Conference on Sensors, Networks, Smart & Emerging Technologies (SENSET2017), 12-14 September 2017, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Maha Bakalla, Hadeel Al-Jami, Heba Kurdi, Shada Alsalamah, “A QoS-Aware and Energy-Efficient Genetic Algorithm for Resource Allocation in Cloud Data Centers,” In proceedings of The 9th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems, MUNICH, 6 - 8 November 2017
- T. Al-Ruhaili, G. Aldabbagh, F. Bouabdallah, N. Dimitriou, and M. Win, "Optimized Wi-Fi Offloading Scheme for High User Density in LTE Networks" presented in 2017 3rd IEEE International Conference on Computer and Communications (ICCC’17), Dec 13-16, 2017, CHENGDU, China.
- T. Al-Shahrani, Juan-Pablo Correa-Baena, J. O'Brien, I. Gereige, A. Saggaf, T. Buonassisi and I. M. Peters, “EN02.15.06 : Perovskite Si Tandem Solar Cells for Hot/Arid Climates,” 2018 MRS meeting, April 2-16, Phoenix, Arizona
- Alsalamah, S. Alsalamah, H. Radianti, J. AlQahtani, S. Nouh, T. Abomhara M. Alyahya, (2018). Information Requirements for Disaster Victim Identification and Emergency Medical Services: Hajj Crowd Disaster Case Study. In: Community Engineering & Healthcare Systems Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM), 20-23 May 2018, Rochester, NY, USA.
- Al-Megren, S. Alsalamah, S. Altoaimy, L. Alsalamah, H. Soltanisehat, L. Almutairi, E. and Pentland, A. (2018). Blockchain Use Cases in Digital Sectors: A Review of the Literature. In: The 2018 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain-2018). July 30- August 03, 2018, Halifax, Canada. pp. 1417-1424. DOI 10.1109/Cybermatics_2018.2018.00242.
- AlGhamdi, K. Alsalamah, S. Alhudhud, G. Nouh, T. Alyahya I. and AlQahtani, S. (2018) Region-Based Bed-Capacity System for Emergency Medical Services: Saudi Arabia Urgent Care Case Study. In Y. Murata et al. (Eds.), The Tenth International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine (eTELEMED): Mobile Health Applications Governance (m-Health-Gov) [special track]. pp. 106-115. Italy: IARIA XPS Press.
- Alanoud Alhussain, Heba Kurdi, “EERP: An enhanced EigenTrust algorithm for reputation management in peer-to-peer networks,” Procedia Computer Science 141 (2018): 88-95. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050918317861?via%....
- Shiroq Al-Megren, Heba Kurdi, Munirah F.Aldaood, “A Multi-UAV Task Allocation Algorithm Combatting Red Palm Weevil Infestation,” Procedia Computer Science 141 (2018): 88-95. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050918318039?via%....
- Afnan AlMoammar, Lubna AlHenaki, Heba Kurdi, “Selecting Accurate Classifier Models for a MERS-CoV Dataset,” -Proceedings of SAI Intelligent Systems Conference, London, 2018. http://cas.jxutcm.edu.cn/cas/login?service=http%3A%2F%2Fwebvpn.jxutcm.ed....
- F Al-Hafiz, S Al-Megren, H Kurdi, “Red blood cell segmentation by thresholding and Canny detector,” Procedia Computer Science, 2018, The 8th International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information and Communication Technologies in Healthcare (ICTH 2018), pp. 327-334. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187705091831843X.
- Hazazi, M. Almousa, A. Shiroq Al-Megren, S. Kurdi, H. Alsalamah, S. (2019). A Credit Based Approach for Overcoming Free-Riding Behaviour in Peer-to-Peer Networks. In: The 5th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Security (ICAIS 2019). July 26-28, 2019, New York, USA.
- S. Aleidi, D. Alsuhaibani, N. Alrajebah, H. Kurdi, “A Tweet-Ranking System Using Sentiment Scores and Popularity Measures,” ,” In proceedings of The 2019 International Conference on Computing, London, UK, pp. 162-169, Springer, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-36365-9_13.
- A. Dris, N. Alzakari, H. Kurdi, “A Systematic Approach to Identify an Appropriate Classifier for Limited-Sized Data Sets,” In proceedings of The 2019 International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications (ISNCC), 18-20 June 2019, Istanbul, Turkey, DOI: 10.1109/ISNCC.2019.8909099.
- Lina Altoaimy, Heba Kurdi, Arwa Alromaih, Amirah Alomari, Entisar Alrogi, and Syed Hassan Ahmed, “Enhanced Distance-Based Gossip Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks,” ,” In proceedings of The IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, 2019.
- Heba Kurdi, Ghada Al-Hudhud, Muneerah Al-Dawod, Wafa Al-Shaikh, and Lina Altoaimy, “ Service-Sharing Approach Using a Mutual Exclusion Algorithm for Smart Cashier Systems,” IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, 2019.
- Basmah Alotibi, Noof Alarifi, Heba Kurdi and Lina Altoaimy, “Overcoming Free-Riding Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Networks Using Points System Approach,” The 10th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2019), Procedia Computer Science, Volume 151, 2019, Pages 1060-1065.
- Arwa Alromih, Heba Kurdi, “An energy-efficient gossiping protocol for wireless sensor networks using Chebyshev distance,” The 10th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2019), Procedia Computer Science, Volume 151, 2019, Pages 1066-1071.
- Ebtesam Aloboud, Heba Kurdi, “Cuckoo-inspired Job Scheduling Algorithm for Cloud Computing,” The 10th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2019), Procedia Computer Science, Volume 151, 2019, Pages 1078-1083.
- Abrar Al Oudah, Kholoud Al Bassam, Heba Kurdi, Shiroq Al-Megren, “Wajeez: An Extractive Automatic Arabic Text Summarisation System,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) , volume 11578, 2019, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21902-4_1.
- R. Aldawish, H. Kurdi, “A Modified Degree Discount Heuristic for Influence Maximization in Social Networks,” In proceedings of The 11th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT), 2020, Procedia Computer Science, Volume 170, Pages 311-316, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2020.03.045.
- R. Alshamrani, F. Alshehri, H. Kurdi, “A Preprocessing Technique for Fast Convex Hull Computation,” In proceedings of The 11th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT), Procedia Computer Science, Volume 170, 2020, Pages 317-324. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2020.03.046.